INDIGO ORGANIC FARM IN LUANG PRABANG
Showcases for Laos Natural ResourcesIndigo farm has rich soil, abundant water sources, and many levels of terrain, perfect for growing a large variety of fruits and vegetables that are indigenous to Lao. Many of them provide natural dyes used in adding color to food, drinks and cloth. You will see these plants growing in the wild and cultivated in the organic farm. Economic Growth for Lao PeopleWith introduction with the Mushroom House to Indigo Farm, we expect to create a market for mushrooms and introduce new varieties that can be sold. With product that are easily grown, harvested and sold, more jobs will be available and a better standard of living can be provide for the villagers that work at the farm. Sustainable, Environment Friendly"Organic" means more to us than it is just being grown without the use of chemical fertilizers.The aim of indigo Farm is to become totally sustainable, using produce and products are grown on the farm and recycled on the farm. We use traditional methods to grow our crops, and we rotate our crops to insure that vital nutrients are returned to the soil.
The classes itinerary:
Daily open and closed on Tuesday
- 11:00 pickup from your hotel and go to the farm by minivan or Tuk Tuk.
- 11:30 arrive at the farm, welcome by our staff and enjoy with a cup of fresh mint tea or herbal drink and the Indigo farm staff will explain you briefly about our organic farm and classes procedures.
- 11:35 visit the farm and pick the vegetables as food ingredients and you will also learn about each of vegetable.
- 11:50 the class starts, you will learn each types of vegetable, cooking theories and followed by doing hand-on cooking practice based on each of menu item and the class will take 1 and half hour. After the class has been done and you can enjoy the prepared dishes. Then you can use the paddle boats on the lake and have sight-seeing the farm and learn how to use traditional methods to grow our crops, and we rotate our crops to insure that vital nutrients are returned to the soil.
- 15:00 back to the town and send you to the hotel.
Food cooking Menu items:
1. Healthy Indigo salad
2. Bamboo soup (Kaeng Nor)
3. Friend green long bean with pork
4. Fried fish with tamarind sauce
6. Indigo sticky rice
5. Indigo mango sticky rice
Price per person included taxes, service charge and round trip transfers
- Adult: 35$, child: 25$.
- A group booking 4 – 6 people= adult: 30$ and child: 20$.
- If get there by your own car or motorbike not included the transfers = adult: 20$ and child: 10$.
Remark: Minimum 2 people can join the class. The child indicates under 10 years old and all class is available only advance booking.
How to book:
Call us: 071 212 264 (Indigo House, Sisavangvong Road, Ban Pakham, Luang Prabang, Laos)
Indigo Organic Farm
Address: No.13 north road, Ban Xang Hai, Pak Ou district, Luang Prabang.
Mobile: 030 5087683, 020 5557 1121